It’s what’s for dinner!I like my meat to be a blend of complex flavors – sweet, savory, with a little heat- with a perfect cook and texture. This dish features some winter beauty foods alongside fan favorites – baby kale, garlic, and onions with orange juice.
This took me about 8 minutes to prep, 15 minutes to cook.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 pound shaved steak (Trader Joes has a great cut)
- 1 red pepper, roughly diced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon Tamari sauce (or soy)
- 3 tablespoons Your favorite teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- A dash of Chinese five spice
- A dash of ground white pepper
- 3 squirts of sriracha or 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp brown or cane sugar
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Sesame seeds and scallion for garnish
Prep the onions and pepper and garlic.
Heat your skillet to medium and toss in onions, red pepper, garlic. Add sugar to caramelize.
Add meat, stirring to spread them around. Cover and cook about 5 minutes until cooked.
Add all the sauce and spices. Cover and finish cooking.
Garnish with scallion and sesame seeds if desired.