~ Ingredients ~
3 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 tsp ground ginger
dash of vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup dark corn syrup
1/2 lemon juiced
1 tsp lemon zest (or 1 lemon zested)
4 large pears, peeled and sliced THINLY
1 tablespoon butter
1 (9 inch) unbaked graham cracker crust or pastry shell
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/8 tsp ground gloves
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup cold butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. In a saucepan, combine first 8 ingredients until blended. Bring to a boil over medium heat.Stir frequently.
2. Add butter.
3. Check filling consistency; should be thick and pears tender.
4. Pre-bake graham cracker crust at 375 F for 5 minutes.
5. Pour filling into crust. If too much filling, leave a little room for topping layer and don’t use all of it. (no overflow!)
6. For topping, combine dry ingredeints in a bowl. Cut in small chunks of butter until mixture is of coarse crumbs.
7. sprinkle evenly to cover entire surface.
8. Bake at 425 F for 20-25 min until topping is golden brown.
9. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.