This little open-faced, light, summery sandwich was borne out of a combination of a fun spread I thought up a few weeks ago for baguettes and the opened package of yummy smoked salmon currently in the fridge, begging to be employed in as many delicious creations as possible.
Have any of you ever had it frozen? I was impatient the other day when I broke it out of the freezer and wanted to try it; I found out that I like frozen smoked salmon better than when it is just cold and thawed out. For this recipe, however, the salmon cannot be frozen 🙂
Fast – in less than 10 minutes, start to finish, refreshing, and tasty. AND, you get some omega-3s and veggies too! ;). Enjoy!!
*Note from BlueBoots*: Ingredients you need are underlined. Any related instructions or comments per ingredient are below the ingredient headings. How to put it all together in 10 minutes or less is directly below.*
1. Make spread. Contents of spread can be found under Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Goat Cheese Spread in the ingredient list.
2. Cut Ciabatta bread in half lengthwise.
3. VERY lightly butter the top and sprinkle sea salt on top.
4. Toast bread in toaster oven until just crispy on top.
5. Spread the Summer Spread on ciabatta.
6. Layer slices of smoked salmon
7. Garnish with a few mixed greens
1. Summer Spread (Pesto Sun Dried Tomato Goat Cheese spread)
- 5 oz fromage de chevre (Goat Cheese)
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes (dry, not in oil)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened, original soymilk
2. Smoked Salmon
I got this from IKEA’s Swedish Store, actually, for $5.99. They’re from Bergen, Norway (which, by the way, is known for its beautiful fjords – go and visit in the summertime!)
3. Long, flat Ciabatta bread, halved lengthwise. A fresh, soft baguette would work too, although those get hard and dry pretty fast.
5. Sea Salt
6. Mixed Greens for garnish
Sigh, and I have leftover chicken for lunch. This looks wonderful.
thanks! Maybe tomorrow will bring not only a fresh start but also perhaps a trip to the store, and some smoked salmon etc.
Great recipe today thanks for sharing. Food and recipes are really enjoyed by everything. It can be a great common interest. Thanks again!
Feel free to check out and share this delicious Sirloin Tip recipe. It’s just mouthwatering!
American Sirloin Tip Roast Recipe