- 2 Chicken Breasts – crock pot with water to cover it for 5-6 hours on low heat
- Shred chicken breasts, although they should be so tender and easy to pull apart just from being in the crock pot
- Heat whole wheat tortillas in a skillet with 1 tablespoon of canola oil or less, just until softened.
- Fill tortillas with chicken and line up in a 9×13 baking pan
- Cover with homemade enchilada sauce and cover with fresh chives, cheese, and dollops of creme fraiche sauce
- 2 chicken breasts
- whole wheat tortillas
- canola oil
- shredded mild cheddar cheese
- creme fraiche ingredients, see details below
- enchilada sauce ingredients, see details below
Enchilada sauce – medium spicy
- In a quarter-cup measuring cup, combine:
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-8 oz can tomato paste
- 1.5 cups water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
Heat oil first, then add the rest of the spices and ingredients, stirring gently for 10 minutes or until thickened.
Creme Fraiche topping — *tried and tested tip*this combination goes wonderfully on pulled pork tacos with green apple slaw, or fish tacos too!
- handful of chopped chives
- tony’s creole spice
- garlic powder
Let rest for at least 10 minutes, then bake in oven at 350F for 15 minutes.
Serve with black beans and rice, and a fresh salad!