I enjoyed putting together this lovely little brunch for three of my dear friends on a Saturday morning. The food, company, and sunshine were delightful.
The personal parfaits were fun, healthy, and tasty and were in Anthropologie’s cute Moroccan tea glasses. In the first photo, you can see a pink one in the top left corner.
The culinary highlight was the baked brie, which was incredibly easy.
Baked Brie Recipe based loosely off of this recipe: Crescent roll dough rolled out, brie wheel with top rind cut off , raspberry jam, walnuts (caramelized first with brown sugar in a pan), and a Trader Joe’s favorite (honey roasted almond slices). Roll out the dough, place cheese inside, cover with preserves and walnuts (extra health benefit too!), fold dough over the top, top with almonds and a beaten egg wash. Bake on a pan for 20-25 minutes or until the surface of the dough is golden brown. Perfect! Slice and serve.
- a bright, spring punch: passionfruit juice-peace seltzer-freshly sliced strawberries
- baked brie: caramelized walnuts, honey roasted almond slices, raspberry jam, egg wash.
- steak: honey barbecue, marinated overnight.
- scrambled eggs and freshly chopped chives.
- hash browns
- make-your-own yogurt parfaits: organic banana vanilla yogurt, kashi berry granola, strawberries, bananas, blueberries
- Colombian coffee (Juan Valdez, courtesy of R, from her recent trip to Colombia)
- Pumpkin muffins with cream cheese frosting (Courtesy of SM, made with love)
- Trader Joe’s gourmet jelly beans