One of my friends makes an amazing one that I could eat for days happily, but because I don’t have her recipe handy, I improvised.
Makes about 5 servings.
- Two pounds of frozen butternut squash
- Sea salt, about 1.5 tablespoons (there’s a lot of soup!)
- Evoo ~ 2 teaspoons
- Crushed black pepper
- Nutmeg, two dashes (non-scientific… 🙂 )
- Half cup of baby carrots or chopped carrots
- Head of garlic, peeled and whole
- one Sweet onion
Boil, simmer to soften , puree and simmer again. Pour and enjoy. Serve with a crispy baguette or roll (I love the half baked ciabatta from trader Joe ‘s) , and a side salad.
= One smooth soup!
The side salad was a new experiment for me. But it was tasty and took only 5 minutes to make!
Here’s the toss:
-sea salt and ground peppercorn
-finely chopped peppadew peppers (they are sweet, spicy, and delicious and are shaped a little like a rotund tulip. I first tried them at Fogo de Chao in the salad bar and fell in love)
-New Zealand cheddar, chopped.
Can you “spy” out the ingredients?